The Maplewood has a tremendous staff, and we make sure to keep it that way by hiring only the best people with the right attitude. For us, the right applicants are people who have a passion for what they do and the skill set to do it right. In fact, many of our applicants are referred to us by current staff. And because we have such a great reputation in the community we seldom have to recruit.
If you are looking for a fulfilling experience, Maplewood is the place for you! We are the proud recipient of Rochester’s Best Places to Work Award four years in a row, which was based on feedback from our employees. Maplewood has also been recognized for our quality by numerous awards such as Best Nursing Homes Rankings – US News and World Reports. This beautiful privately owned 74-bed nursing facility is “Designed for Living” and stands apart from other nursing homes in its caliber of services. Come join our team now!
APPLY ONLINE ONLY – Click the button below to fill out and submit an application.
NOTE: Due to large volume of applicants, please do not call for status of your application. Applicants being considered will receive a call from us for the next steps in the hiring process.
NURSING – RN MANAGER, FULL TIME, EVENINGS
We have an opening for a full time Nurse Manager to work on our evening shift for 32 hours per week. Every other weekend required. No mandates.
Must have experience in Long Term Care.
NURSING – CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANTS
We have several full time and part-time openings for experienced CNAs. All shifts available.
Must have active New York State certification.
NURSING – CNA TRAINING CLASS
Our next CNA Training Class has not been scheduled yet. Please check back for updates.
To be considered for our CNA Training Program, please submit a job application (click below to apply online or download an application). We will contact qualified candidates for interviews. Those accepted into the program will complete a 6-week training course and will receive pay during that time. Upon completion of the Training Program and passing the exam, a CNA position will be provided at The Maplewood.
RECREATION PROGRAM – VOLUNTEER COORDINATOR/RECREATION ASSISTANT, FULL TIME
The Program Volunteer Coordinator will act in a supervisory role in the daily workings of the volunteers in the Recreation Department. This position is responsible for the management and retention of our large community of volunteers. The positon will be responsible to recruit, retain and schedule volunteers to assist us in our daily needs. Also plays a part in helping to plan the monthly recreational activities. This candidate will also play a key role in the creation and carrying out of daily activities for the residents of our facility. Candidate will work closely and in conjunction with the Director of Recreation and the Assistant Administrator.
This is a full time (35 hours per week) position. Some weekends required.
- High school diploma required, College Degree Preferred; years of experience will be taken into consideration
- Minimum 2-3 years related experience working with Volunteers in a leadership capacity
- Minimum 3-5 years overall professional experience
- Experience in recruiting, interviewing, and managing large numbers of volunteers with a goal of retention
- Experience with scheduling volunteers
- Supervisory experience is recommended
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, Google Docs
- Must have experience summarizing and formatting data with the ability to run, read, and comprehend reports using various computer systems, or be willing and eager to learn
- Experience working with the elderly preferred
- Able to carry out a wide range of social events for the elderly
- Time Management and flexibility are essential
- Keep up to date with current volunteer trends through participating in educational opportunities; attending workshops and webinars, maintaining business networks and keeping in contact with local organizations
- Ability to create training material and instruct educational in services in order to educate volunteers on a regular basis
- Some local travel necessary in order to gain community relationships and aid in recruitment
- Acts as liaison between volunteers, residents, and staff with regards to daily volunteer activities
- Keeps current on local volunteer fairs and opportunities for community outreach
- Is a team player and works collaboratively to improve all aspects of recreation and volunteer participation.
THERAPY & REHABILITATION – PHYSICAL THERAPIST, FULL TIME
Maplewood is currently seeking a full time Physical Therapist to join our interdisciplinary rehabilitation team.
- Rehabilitate residents disabled as a result of injury, illness or other problems
- Physical Therapist will establish and administer a treatment program with specific goals determined according to the resident’s capacity and tolerance
- Collaborates with all disciplines to plan and evaluate team goals for each resident, and maintains accurate clinical documentation
- Complies with CMS guidelines and state licensure Standards of Practice
- Provide oversite and guidance to PTA, as well as PT students as required or needed
- Graduate of an accredited Physical Therapy Program
- Current New York State PT License
- Experience in long-term care settings preferred but new grads welcomed
- Current CPR Certification
DINING SERVICES – SERVER, FULL TIME
Our dining servers interact with nursing home residents by taking orders and serving meals. This job is a perfect fit for an outgoing person who understands the importance of quality customer service.
This position is 32 hours per week; every other weekend and some holidays required. Experience preferred but not required.
DINING SERVICES – COOK/PORTER, FULL TIME
This position will prep and cook breakfast, lunch and/or dinner. Responsible for high quality food production and presentation. 35-37 hours per week; every other weekend and some holidays required. Must have previous culinary experience.
ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICES – HOUSEKEEPER, FULL TIME, DAY SHIFT
Working in a team environment, this position is responsible for all aspects of maintaining the cleanliness of the nursing home, as well as some laundry duties. All necessary training will be provided.
5 days a week, every other weekend required and some holidays.
ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICES – LAUNDRY AIDE, PART TIME, DAY SHIFT
Working in a team environment, this position is responsible for processes laundry for the nursing home including linens, bedding and resident clothing. All necessary training will be provided.
3 days a week, every other weekend and some holidays required.